09 June 2012

Triple-Choc Cheesecake . . .

. . .  with salted peanut caramel.  This tasted every bit as delicious as it looks and those who indulged alongside me, chocolate marathoners of old, said it tasted like a Snickers Bar.


The biscuit base was made from crushed Chocolate Ripple biscuits and melted butter, pressed into a 22cm springform cake pan.

The magic layer (as I like to refer to it) was the salted peanut caramel one.  Oh wow, this was ambrosial, delectable and divine all at the same time.  A trinity of pleasure.


Sitting atop the caramel layer was a very fine layer of chocolate - we were watching our calorie intake after all!

Layer number 4 (are you counting?) was a thick and juicy one of White Chocolate Cheesecake. Most probably added to temper the overall effect of all-consuming chocolate.  It was fighting a losing battle, but points for bravery I say.


Two more layers to go (phew).  Chocolate Ganache and then a final crowning of halved Ferrero Rocher chocolate truffles.  The original recipe was topped with Italian Meringue peaks genuinely giving the appearance of a crown.  It looked absolutely stunning.

This was taken from the April 2012 copy of the Australian Good Taste Magazine.  If you click the link I've just added, you'll see this cake on the front cover.  My version was cut by a human (mainly myself).  Their cake was obviously cut by a stylist who had the benefit of being able to photoshop the resulting smear from the image.




I just grow cold when I think of my layer cake.
Oh, Diana, what if it shouldn't be good!
I dreamed last night that I was chased all around by a fearful goblin with a big layer cake for a head!
- Anne Shirley, Anne of Green Gables

No comments:

Post a Comment